Emilie and Matt planned one of my favorite weddings of all time. It had all the right components:
- The day was so well planned; it was well organized, with plenty of time left for getting ready and putting the final touches on everything.
- Emilie and Matt aren’t afraid to show their feelings – seeing them tear up during their first look was beautiful.
- They did a first look. The best!
- Their ceremony was beautifully written and delivered by Matt’s cousin, Jeremy. It was so heartfelt, so authentic, funny at times, and profoundly moving. Emilie and Matt wrote their own vows and the tears were flowing, even mine. They also did a hand-fasting that their maid of honor and best man participated in. It was just so amazing – wish you could have been there, but the pictures will have to suffice!
- The weather was pretty much perfect. It threatened to rain on us but never did.
- The wedding was at a vineyard in the Texas hill country. Need I say more?
- Their families were, as they say in Texas, a “hoot”. So jovial and quick-witted, and so much fun to chat with. I told this to Matt and he says, “hey, I’m not an anomaly!”
- The decorations were so pretty and creative, and hand-made by Emilie, family, and friends.
- The flowers by Just’in Blooms were amazing and matched the relaxed and fresh feel of the vineyard – coral, purple, and yellow!
- The dance party was off the hook! I felt like I was reliving the evening all over again as I went through the dancing pictures. So many expressive people just wanting to cut loose and celebrate! Also, there was a chicken dance. 🙂 And the look on Emilie’s face when Matt found her garter is priceless. The twinkle lights looked incredible, too. The pictures really will suffice for this one. It was one of the most dynamic, fun, crazy, joyful receptions I’ve ever seen!
- Emilie and Matt’s family, wedding party, and friends adore them. There’s always love at a wedding, but this felt like a true community, something you don’t come across every day.
It’s been a true pleasure getting to know these two. I’m going to miss spending time with them and photographing them. Luckily I get to deliver their canvas in the next couple of weeks! And their wedding album is going to be stunning. I can’t wait.
Huge thanks to all the vendors that made this glorious day possible: Venue: Dry Comal Creek Vineyard • Cake: Erica Block • Dress: David’s Bridal • Vests: AJ’s Formal Wear • Bride’s ring: Samuels Diamond • Hair and makeup: Salon d’Etoile • Floral design: Just’in Blooms • Officiant: Jeremy Shafer • On-site coordinator: Missy Drake