Have you always wanted to have boudoir photos done but you’re scared shitless? Probably, because even I’m in the same boat. It sounds sooo confronting. Even the most in-shape women have body image issues. We all do! Plus I think we’ve been conditioned to think that celebrating our sexiness is a no-no, like it’s somehow bragging and it means we’re vain and superficial. I haven’t taken the plunge myself, but I bet you it’s a very empowering experience. I’ve been asked over the years if I do boudoir sessions, and I’ve never had anyone to enthusiastically send my clients to. But now I do!!! Her name is Elizabeth and she owns Torrid Boudoir. Here she is!
She is perfect for ixi clients and, well, everyone, and I LOVE her style. It’s classic and bright and vibrant. She also is able to edit in such a way that it’s all very natural and celebrates your real beauty. If you know me, you know I’m not a fan of fake-looking photography!
I sat down with Elizabeth, picked her brain, and I learned all sorts of goodies. Here are some common reasons that women tend to get all glammed up in front of the camera.
We’re waiting until we’re more fit
This reason is an excuse for not doing family photos, too. We’re working hard to be in better shape so we assume that in the future, we’ll look better. Only problem is, we keep waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And then it never happens! Isn’t it better to have our sexiness in the now captured than not at all? Not to mention doing a boudoir session could actually shift how you see yourself in the here and now. Plus, this line of thinking makes us feel like we’re not hot enough for boudoir right now. Bullshit. You’re gorgeous; we all are, just as we are.
We’re afraid the photographer will judge us
We know how harshly women judge other women and how easy it is for us to compare ourselves against other women. The great thing about Elizabeth is that she has a way of creating a really nonjudgmental space for her clients. She is a curvy lady herself, so not only does she know how to pose you to look your best, but she’s a real person. She’s relatable and fun and not a Barbie doll that you’re measuring yourself against (and why would you really want to, anyway? Barbies, ew.)
We’re just plain afraid
We’re afraid we won’t know what to do, won’t know what to wear, won’t look good, won’t feel comfortable. I think deep down we’re afraid it will be this awful, scary experience that scars us for life. Except from the feedback that Elizabeth’s gotten from her clients, that’s just not so. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Check out the testimonial written by each client at the end of their blog post describing their experience.
Reasons to hire Torrid Boudoir
- Elizabeth ROCKS. She is so cool and genuine and fun. Aside from being an awesome, real woman just like you, she has green in her hair and 16 tattoos. I love her self expression!
- The Torrid Boudoir experience is totally full-service, so you get your own wardrobe stylist in addition to hair and makeup. I really think this sets her apart, because most boudoir studios don’t include wardrobe. This is obviously a really crucial part of the outcome and yet we’re expected to suddenly become fashion experts? Hell no.
- You will feel transformed. Her before and afters are amazing!
- She is not intimidating! And if you’re curvy, never fear – Elizabeth specializes in your luscious curves.
- As any good boudoir photographer will do, Elizabeth will 100% respect your privacy. Your images can be completely secret and will only be shared with your express permission!
- You don’t have to get naked (or even close to it) to be sexy. It’s all about your comfort level and Elizabeth can make any level of clothedness work!
Reasons to do a boudoir shoot
- To feel empowered.
- To rediscover yourself and how beautiful and sexy you are, RIGHT NOW
- To push yourself past your comfort zone and grow as a person!
- To prove to yourself you can do scary things.
- To give yourself a beautiful gift that you will cherish forever.
- To give your partner a beautiful gift for their birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or even as a wedding gift!
- To play dress-up like you know you really want to! 🙂
- Ok, I’m sure there are others – leave a comment if you can think of others!
Other cool stuff Torrid Boudoir does
Ok, so if you’ve been putting it off (like I have) forever…what do you think? Are you going to pull the trigger, and stop letting those pesky fears drive your car and take the wheel? Leave a comment!